Saturday, January 05, 2008

MSNY

More Shit - New Year

Un-fucking-believable, I almost added a new line to the list below, but this deserves its own post.

Last night the hired bitch, my wife's lawyer, called me on my cell and went off on me over my repeated protests of "My son is here I will not discuss the case". The case that is supposed to be the fuck over. What does final mean to you? I often hear from my brother Friday afternoons if he is up to going out and doing something. His private number comes up blocked and I thought it could be him. I forgot the hired bitch's tactic of last minute filings on Friday afternoons. I will not accept blocked calls again. My brother will have to just dial *82 before my number to unblock it so I know it is him. I will also formally notify her to use my efax service to notify asap (Friday, not Tuesday) of any issues she has.

I was not allowed to fire my lawyer to save money because the judge said the QDRO and DOPO raids on my pension plans were too complex for me. But after $40K of billing and the QDRO still delayed by the opposition and the DOPO motion being dismissed as overly burdensome to a superior state agency, my lawyer quit because I told him that I required the work to be reviewed by a CPA because of multiple mathematical mistakes he had made in amounts over $10K. So now I am supposed to take opposition counsel's word that it is OK. The same opposition that has lied, cheated, manipulated me for three years? I don't think so!

While my son was 3 feet from me, opposition counsel
  • issued an ultimatum that I respond my Monday end of day
  • threatened motions to compel, sanction, and fees
  • sarcastically wished me a good visit, this from the person who has constantly interfered and prevented visitation.
I remained surprisingly calm and kept repeating that I would not respond at this time during visitation with my son.

I will file the following motions on Monday Morning:
  • an objection that I was not allowed to represent myself, violating my constitutional right to self representation, to save $40K.
  • an objection that my lawyer who was required, by order of the judge, was allowed to withdraw by that same judge, prior to completing the task at hand, protecting me from the QDRO/DOPO raids on my pensions.
  • an objection that I was not allowed to protest the withdraw at a hearing the way I was required to do on the previous legal withdraw.
  • a motion to sanction my prior counsel for fees required to have a CPA and legal review of QDRO/DOPO.
  • a motion to show cause on why opposition counsel could not act in the best interest of the child and cease her interference with my visitation.
  • a motion to sanction opposition counsel for improper harassment and interference in visitation.
  • A proposed QDRO settlement that is actually fair to me, that says she must settle for current market value, for no tax considerations (as I had none), and keeping the remainder in my name rather than assigning the whole pension including appreciation to her.
And that's just for starters, just in direct response to her actions yesterday. But all the rest of the bullshit needs to come out.

I think I'm done being (relatively) nice, its time to trade in the kitt gloves for boxing gloves, its time to stop walking on eggshells with these pompous assholes and let them have it with both barrels. Conventional wisdom would say, hire a lawyer and let them take care of it, but my third lawyer quit in disgrace and I think three lawyers failing to address my well articulated needs strongly implies a trend. If you want it done right, do it yourself. And this old dog can still learn new tricks... The hired bitch wants to "paper me", "slam me", threaten me, motion for sanctions and fees, well two can play at that game. And I have a key advantage, I don't need the hired bitch as a professional friend as my three lawyers did. See the hired bitch is big in this town and she commands respect and gets it. But she isn't gonna get it from me, she hasn't earned it, she has won my contempt instead.


Status: First Draft, last update 01/05/08 9:30 am

Footnotes:

To "paper" someone you keep them tied up in paperwork, filing questionable and nuisance motions to "churn fees" and aggravate the opposition into submission.
To "slam" someone you do rapid fire "papering" with motions for contempt, sanctions, and fees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should have stopped being nice about two years ago.