Wednesday, August 08, 2007

A Conversation with a boy and his NCP


NCP:
How was the Science Museum at Camp today?
Boy: Great Dad, I saw a Telsa Coil, --- , a Dinosaur on the really big screen.
NCP: Oh, you got to see it on IMAX.
Boy: Yeah, Daddy, it was so realistic, xxx, one of the other campers was scared, but I wasn't.
Boy: Daddy, can we go their together sometime?
NCP: Well we don't have a lot of time together, and the court doesn't let me drive you that far?
Boy: Daddy, when I'm older, maybe 12 (he's 7 now)?
NCP: Oh I sure hope so.
Boy: Daddy, how old before I can take you there, like when I can drive? Can the court stop me from taking you there?
NCP: No, they can't but I sure hope we don't have to wait that long.
Boy: Well we'll go then for sure...

When you live life as an NCP you forget what its like to be a real Dad. (jqism)
Being sentenced to an NCP is a long term sentence, not unlike an emotional death sentence. (jqism)

4 comments:

Little Wing said...

John, that made me shed tears.
That was heart wrenching.
Bless his beautiful heart.
He loves you so much John.

Determined said...

At least your son knows that you're not the one making this decision. I'm very positive that once he turns 18, he'll be looking for you. YOu know how it is when children are deprived... they do exactly what they were told not to do.

Now, I feel sorry for his mother. Your son may resent her when he grows older.

Lara Croft said...

you have a very mature 7 yr old and Sols right , He KNOWS your not the bad guy. Kids rely on feelings more than knowledge, they trust their instincts above all the grownup brainwashing. Your son is going to run to you as soon as he can without the ex's permission, she will be the loser in the end and your will have a lifetime of a devoted and loving son.. PS ya never too old to have fun :-)

guttergirl said...

Ouch!