Friday, August 10, 2007

I did it !!!

I have long fuse, but it isn't infinite...
  • I was very tired, overtired, irritable
  • I got the morning paper, the front page story was about a parental kidnapping
  • Reading the article poured salt in my old wounds
  • I called the reporter, he said he didn't have time to discuss the broken justice system
  • Now I'm really steamed, I called the News editor
  • They weren't in but I made it clear that I was not to be blown off
  • A Senior editor took the call, listened, asked questions, expressed concern (guess that's how he got his position)
  • So .... the next step
Would you be willing to talk to a reporter? I'm concerned about retribution. Well this sounds like to do it right we would need to assign two investigative reporters for a 6 month investigation, legal vetting, etc. but it would be helpful if you could relay these areas of concern that they can look into. I'd be willing to do that. The printed circulation of this regional newspaper is over 2 million.

So I guess I've gone and done it, I opened the door to the media. I listed quite a number of abuses in the half hour conversation with the senior editor along with the importance of the story. He seemed to agree. We'll see what comes of it.

Hopefully I won't regret it. But then I'm sure if I kept it to my self, allowed injustice, condoned it with my silence, I would regret it. There comes a time to decide, stand and fight, or run and hide. I have stood and fought this long. Doesn't seem like I should start running now.

9 comments:

Lara Croft said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lara Croft said...

Well Done JQ !
Who knows maybe all that has happened, is leading you too bigger things in life. I have complete faith you will use your head but speak from your heart.

Little Wing said...

Hey, my post was deleted!!!

I think it is awesome that you opened the door to the media!
More power to you!!!!!

Determined said...

Oh. My. Gawd. I am soo nervous for you, but hey, you've done a good service to all caring fathers out there.

Are you going to reference your blog?? You know that your hits will jump like crazy. You may even forget about the rest of us poor people!

JQ75 said...

I'll do my best Lara...

LW, Hmm, not by me. Thanks...

Sol, now don't go making me nervous... Well, I can't let them connect the Blog to me in my home town, that would have to be a condition.

I did release my judges name, but that's like a 1/6 guess they could have made.

You know how I got their attention, I said I thought you were the largest newspaper in the region, but maybe the #2 paper wants my story more.

I need to review the tape of the conversation and then I can post what I have already released to the media.

It was only a matter of time. I had to wait for final decree. But then what they do will ultimately be a value judgment on if it will sell papers. But they do like to be the ones to break scandals.

If they don't run it, somebody will.

JQ75 said...

Forget about my good Blogger Buddies? Never!

Little Wing said...

Ahhhh John, so proud of what you are doing my friend!!!!!!!!

Karin's Korner said...

John, That is so great!! Good for you. Maybe...just maybe this will do something for all fathers that want to be a part in their child's life and will make someone WAKE THE FU** UP and listen. Big huge kudo's!!

guttergirl said...

Good for you JQ!
We know you will speak from the heart but with great intelligence. You will not only further your cause, you will be helping hundreds more. More power to you! Good luck!