Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Big Day = Big Bust

The Big Day was supposed to be the last trial day, four trial days at $5K each plus 18 months of pretrial expenses would have been both stressful and a final relief.

Results - The worst of all possibilities, all the stress, none of the relief, and it still goes on.

When will my son and I see relief? When my wife's revenge is satisfied. How much revenge does a mother need to take against her child? Only the mentally ill know for sure.

I have said countless times, my wife keeps raising the bar and the divorce can not be resolved until she resolves her issues. It is ignored every time I say it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can this still be going on??? What is happening now that the COURTS cannot come to a conclusion??

JQ75 said...

Well normally it would result in a Phase III Trial start date. Because her lawyer is well respected in the industry (they use a much different measure than normal people would) she has been given a one month extension.

So we'll see. The torture drags on.

Chances are unresolved issues (her request for me to pay $20-30,000 in her legal fees to harass me) will be unresolvable in a month and will be scheduled for full trial with witnesses, sworn under oath (for the first time in two years) etc.

Karin's Korner said...

I sure hope that your attorney has already told her attorney that you are NOT paying her fee's. She has no right to ask you to pay her crap. She is the one that left in the middle of the night with your son. She is the one that wanted this divorce in the first place, what give's her the right to be making this go on and on and having HER demands met....I just don't get it. You would think that she would be the one that wanted this over as soon as possible.

JQ75 said...

Actually her lawyer filed for fees a long time ago, but the judge has denied or postponed the decision so many times. If she won't give up the motion, we are ready to present evidence at full trial.

Frankly I think the judge has seen enough and can just deny her motion.

Lawyers are rather faternal when arguing about fees, they can forget to fight for the client. So I will be prepared with my own evidence. For that much money, it certainly is worth my time.