Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Competing Emotions

You already know that this divorce process and in particular the very contentious parenting plan consume a tremendous amount of emotional energy. Jury duty this week is taking more than half of my very limited visitation. So when was I going to work on Plan B, by giving up the rest of a visitation half day?

And as I said in the previous post, she's giving me grief on the makeup time.

Then frosting on the cake, my number gets called, a very serious multi-felony case. Oh boy, how can a concentrate on all the competing interests. Call my lawyer, give him the update. He says, gotta put Plan B on hold, it's in good hands. They understand me now, call him when I'm off the case.

I feel relief now, I'm fully concentrating on the case, confident that the rest is under control. This is my fourth call to jury duty and I take the job very seriously, so I wouldn't feel right unless I could dedicate the proper amount of attention to it. If you don't hear from me it will be because I'm stuck in deliberations.

No comments: