Monday, September 25, 2006

Deadbeat Debris

Being labeled a Deadbeat is the gift that keeps on giving...

I reviewed my credit report for my case, opposing counsel's game worked well. By playing games and not accepting held funds for child support, I was falsely labeled as a deadbeat (as I'm sure so many others are). That was bad enough, but it's also on my credit report (for the next seven years) for every credit decision, job background check (I'll be lucky to even get an interview), and every insurance premium decision.

Today, I got a notice of intent to seize assets. Great! Not just for the several thousand dollar mistake they made now, but for any future mistake over $150. But even better, the letter says "this decision is unappealable and enforceable". Wow, now that's the due process we've all come to know & love in the United States (and they thought English taxes on tea were bad).

These enforcement mistakes have cost me money and will continue to cause problems and cost me more money in the future. All because the bureaucracy doesn't function.

And next week, a new federal law lowers the deadbeat limit to $2500.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just found you blog. I will be back. Very interesting...I have a lot to learn from what you write, and I have just started. I have never really imagined that this was such a problem. I knew that some people fell through the cracks like with everything else in life, but for the most part believed there were just a lot of deadbeats out there. Sorry for the loss of your relationship and the trouble it has caused since!

Meg Kelso said...

Hi,

I just wanted to say that you are not alone, many men are unjustly accused of being deadbeats. It sickens me when I see that happen. I've seen my ex's babymama keep his kids from him, my son's did the same to him. Hang in there, you're a good guy.

Hi Mack! Nice to see you!

Meg

JQ75 said...

Mackenzie1975 & Meg - Thanks for the encouragement, every little bit truly helps.

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up. THIS WILL GET BETTER.
Hopefully blogging will be a great outlet for you and you will get the support you need!!!!!