Thursday, September 07, 2006

Don't tempt me!

Can you tell? It's not a good day, lot's of posts. They took a while, some revising of raw emotion. I think I did OK.

My lawyer called me for a meeting today, I asked for an agenda, didn't get one. He knew my agenda, many problems surrounding prevented visitation, another child support error of $3000 plus. This one is even dumber. The court took the money directly from my employer, paid it directly to my wife and did not inform the enforcement agency. So now they are threatening to take my IRS refund, driver's license, and passport.

Did you know the dead beat dad limit will be reduced from $5000 to $2500 in Oct 2006? Great, that's well within their tolerance for round off error. Now even more Dad's can be extorted for debts they don't owe.

What did I accomplish at the lawyer's meeting? I was yelled at for some of the 2.5 hours and told I'm a poor litigant and it didn't matter if I was a good parent the court wanted me to toe the line, be a good actor, don't demand your rights, take what they give you with a smile.

My agenda? Little progress. My bill? Over half a grand.

When I left the meeting, I had car trouble which meant I couldn't meet my child and would loose out on some of my very limited visitation. When I did see him, he was upset.

So pardon me if I'm pissed, OK?

I was going to say that lawyers are weasels, but that's an insult to weasels. I think they're closer to dung beetles, but even that's an insult. Do you know why? (I just wrote this joke).

What is the difference between a dung beetle and a lawyer? I'll accept two answers.
  1. A dung beetle performs a useful function and a lawyer doesn't.
  2. A dung beetle eats shit, a lawyer makes you eat shit.

I'm questioning my idea of anonymity. I was so bold today when the lawyer asked if I could keep his answers confidential that I said sure, from the other parties, I'll just post it on the internet. We both chuckled.

It reminds me of (Pirate's of the Caribbean) when they asked Captain Jack his purpose on the dock and he said to steal your ship which was actually his true purpose, but the guards didn't believe him.

My child has a very well developed sense of intellectual curiosity. The making of the movie featurette on the DVD is a great way to show your children that it doesn't have to be scary, it's make believe, and that the fights have lots of precautions.

Go ahead - Make my day!

I swear if these bastards keep on provoking me, you're going to see, names, dates, docket numbers, and records posted here.

So stay tuned!

2 comments:

Determined said...

I'm sorry to hear about your meeting. I try to stay as far away as possible from my lawyers - I only use them when I have to.
But you're right, the legal profession is a business - sadly, most don't care about anything except money.

I'm going to discuss an experience of my own on my blog in the near future.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your problems with the courts, i'm in the same boat, becareful when posting the judge names and doc # on the i was inform by my lawyer they can arrest you for posting non-public court information,