Saturday, September 16, 2006

On a musical note


   Click Arrow to play audio.

Click here to play the video!

Well in another ode to pop culture and on a lighter note then my first installment...
Artist: Natasha Bedingfield
Album: Unwritten
Lyrics: Single




Ah yeah that's right
All you single people out there
This is for you

I'm not waitin' around for a man to save me
(Cos I'm happy where I am)
Don't depend on a guy to validate me
(No no)
I don't need to be anyone's baby
(Is that so hard to understand?)
No I don't need another half to make me whole

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't

[Chorus:]
This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant

I'm single
(Right now)
That's how I wanna be
I'm single
(Right now)
That's how I wanna be

Ah yeah Uh Huh that's right

Don't need to be on somebody's arm to look good
(I like who I am)
I'm not saying I don't wanna fall in love 'cos I would
I'm not gonna get hooked up just 'cos you say I should
(Can't romance on demand)
I'm gonna wait so I'm sorry if you misunderstood

[Chorus]

Everything in it's right time everything in it's right place
I know I'll settle down one day
But 'til then I like it this way it's my way
Eh I like it this way

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't
'Til then I'm single

This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant
May we all take Natasha's advice and realize we're already whole without our spouse.

If you get a chance, listen to it or better yet, watch the video.

Natasha Bedingfield has such great songs on relationships, see more of her here.

Status: Updated video links 03/29/09
Please let me know if there are better audio or video links.

3 comments:

Determined said...

kewl lyrics!

Meg Kelso said...

That was pretty "kewl"...I would like to hear the song...I bet it had good music to it. I stopped listening to new music after Elton John put out Goodbye Yellowbrick Road. Everything after that, well, maybe after Thriller, if I'm in a charitable mood....sucked. Every so often I come across a good new artist. I should pay more attention. Who would an old lady like me who grew up on Aerosmith and the Stones listen to? I liked Springsteen, old stuff...Violent Femmes...Bare Naked Ladies, all kinds of different stuff.Do you have any suggestions?

Man, an asshole just bugged the heck out of me. I think I have a bit of a stalker.

I hope you read that article that I referred to in the post about Parental Alienation...I've seen far too many mothers do that. It's like psychoticly epidemic. I feel for ya buddy, I really do.

Meg

Determined said...

hey, what a coincidence! I just put up yellow brick road up on my blog. I just love that song!