Wednesday, September 27, 2006

JD = License to F--K

Did you know that a JD degree gives you a license to F--K with people?

Ah, yes, that is the learned (and rather candid) response I got from my lawyer when I complained of one of the many forms of harassment my wife's pit bull lawyer has subjected me too.

Well what do you say to that? I shot back, "Where can I get one of those?"

See its nothing personal, its just part of the game. You're taking it too personally...

  • Last summer I only got 4 hours visitation in any given day. For six months while my son was in school, I would get 8 hours visitation on his days off (less than a dozen days) if they were M,T,W, no weekends, no overnights. Then just before this past summer vacation, the she devil lawyer representing my wife decided that since my previous lawyer was too dumb to journalize this agreement, she'd take it back. So for the second summer, we could only have 4 hours together.
  • She froze every asset, plunging me into financial chaos and causing my A1 credit to sink to POOR.
  • At one point, utilities were shut off, I was within 2 days of loosing the house and could not buy groceries.
  • Opposing counsel refused to accept child support money causing me to be labeled as a deadbeat and reflecting that in my credit rating
  • Various government agencies have threatened to seize assets beyond what is already held, based on opposing counsel's activities.
  • Opposing counsel harassed my employer, banks, broker and of course me with unnecessary busy work, subpoenas and threatening letters. She even threatened my lawyer in my presence.
  • When I attempted to hire a new lawyer more able to deal with opposing counsel, then opposing counsel and the guardian (personal friend of the lawyer I was firing) contacted (at least 3 firms of) my prospective candidates and their senior partners to discourage them from taking my case. One candidate just didn't show up & sent a junior partner to tell me, the other candidate's senior partner sent me an email saying they would not be taking me as a client. The third one accepted me with restrictions and told me what was going on.
Just how is one supposed to react to all that? Oh well, guess it's just not my day. Win some, loose some. Did they teach you this in social studies?
Or maybe this question comes to mind - What kind of justice is this? It's F--Ked up justice, and it's typical of the domestic relations courts throughout the United States.

You know guys are always accused of wanting nothing more than a good F--K, well by gosh this is the best F--K of my life, unfortunately I'm not enjoying it.

PS: No offense to you women out there, just the particular one doing it to me!

6 comments:

Determined said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Determined said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Determined said...

Hey JQ75 -
And I thought I had it bad once! Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through all of this crap. Isn't it very sickening to deal with those damn lawyers?

Who is this pit-bull lawyer? I don't understand why divorce cases have to be made so damn miserable. Isn't the actual divorce by alone stressful enough? Why is it necessary to add more wood to fire?

I guess that lawyers need to keep the parties seperated in anger so as to avoid a reconciliation - hence, loss of money.

I hate the whole divorce lawyer process. Everybody walks away with a big head and a pocket full of cash except for us.

I wish that my husband would have been smart enough to pay a paralegal $299 to write the divorce papers up instead of hiring these nutcases.

Heck, I wish he wouldn't have cheated in the first place, but that's besides the point.

JQ75 said...

Thanks for your comment.

Every town has them. The lawyers keep things miserable because they have a conflict of interest. The adversarial process has no place in divorce, it makes things worse. There are better alternatives, but the legal process is way too slow to change, especially when they have monetary incentives not to.

kissmekate said...

Why does this process have to be so nasty? Why do some partners just feel it so necessary to completely destroy the other person?

I simply don't get it. But good luck!

JQ75 said...

It's the game, the conflict of interest, the mismatch of using an adversarial process to "heal" a broken relationship. It feeds off of frayed emotions.

Quite simply a recipe for disaster! It's a broken system, that needs to be fixed.