Friday, September 05, 2008

Never Ending Litigation

Last May 2007, I spent one month full time to finally bring my divorce case to a close in its 3rd year. I did this for several reasons...
  • Pressure was on the judge because the case had gone on too long, and that pressure was passed on to me the presumptive loser. No such pressure was put on my ex.
  • The judge demanded only my appearance on multiple days to increase the pressure on me.
  • The judge was clear that he would increase pressure on me, in fact he intimidated, threatened, and extorted me in chambers. More on this in another post.
  • This was not lost on opposing counsel who took advantage of the judge's bias to add more last minute demands (to items already heard) in the settlement while not responding to issues that I raised that were not heard.
  • Much was left undone, to my determent, in fact there is still much undone 15 months later.
  • Seeing the judge's bias, I had limited time while he was out of town to have the case heard by his magistrate.

But its still not over !! How can that be, I have a final decree? When I'm talking to women I need to explain this carefully so they don't think I'm some married playa creep. LOL...

The answer is simple, the judges lie for their own benefit. Our county divorce judges fall under the control of our State Supreme Court that has guidelines on how a judge should manage his caseload. If cases aren't "disposed of" within these guidelines (one year no children, two years with children) the judge comes under their scrutiny and no one wants to be under someone else's scrutiny. So I have a final decree that says I could legally get married (oh yeah, sign me up for doing that again...). But careful inspection of court documents will show some are missing, and some issues were completely ignored causing other litigation to be filed.

A divorce consists of a group of court orders...
Final decree
Parenting Plan
Division of Property
Pension Issues QDRO and DOPO
Seizure of Assets (for legal fees)
Cancellation of Temporary Orders (contingent upon seizures)
Future Actions to be taken
Depending on local court rules these may be merged or separate orders.

xxx

Status: Rough Draft - Last Updated 09/12/08 5 am

No comments: