Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving

Time has worn me down. I am numb. I am tired. My mind looses track what I should be thankful for. It doesn't come easy. I think hard.

  • I am thankful for the first 5 years with my son.
  • I am thankful for the limited time I had with him in the next 4 years of separation and litigation.
  • I am thankful I had the resources, strength, and endurance to fight for him to be in my life, even though it almost killed me. I do regret I have but one life to give to this terrible fight.
  • I can only hope that my restricted access to my son will end sometime in the next 9 years.
  • I hope with all my heart, for the best for my son for the next 9 years.
  • I will be thankful when my son is grown and we can finally be reunited.
  • I regret ever having gotten involved in this twisted notion of justice, it was never my desire to go to court.
  • I am thankful I have a vehicle to speak up and warn potential victims.
  • I am hopeful that one day, justice will prevail, my son and I will be free, and the people who feed off other's misery will receive their just punishment. Until then I remain conflicted on my thankfulness.
You can see how this mess has effected me over time, it wears you down, and that's the point...
Two years ago, my blessings easily came to mind.
And of course the wisdom of song writers can not be overlooked, in particular Don Henley's My Thanksgiving


Status: First Draft - Last Updated 11/28/08 11:30 PM

No comments: