Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving Shoutout

Well let's see, I guess in somewhat chronological order.
  • Ancestors & Grandparents - who went through various hardships to immigrate to the US. Including multiple crossings, getting separated by WW I, learning English and successfully establishing themselves in the US.
  • Parents - Certainly it was easy to critics various aspects of growing up, but they worked very hard despite significant challenges to remain a stable family and improve the odds for my brother and I, allowing us to be college educated and in professional careers. I owe them a big apology as I apparently have failed in meeting those two goals for my own son, despite my best laid plans and preparation.
  • Work opportunities - thanks to those that saw my enthusiastic and gave me opportunities to do more in any 5 year period than some might do in a whole career.
  • Thanks for the influence of my Uncle and Cousin who were taken from this Earth way too early, we could have had so much to share in these intervening years.
  • Thanks to all those I've met along the way.
  • Thanks for the wonderful travel opportunities I have had, throughout the United States and Europe, the people I've met and the fun I've had.
  • Thanks for the wonderful opportunity to find and meet my overseas relatives and exchange so much about our respective families an ocean apart.
  • My brother (and his family) who was so helpful during the first week of my son's kidnapping.
  • My older long distance cousin who has been so much help since early in the divorce.
  • Thanks to my recent off-shift buddies who understood my scheduling needs and switched shifts with minimum fuss, even though our supervisor had a problem with it where none existed.
  • Thanks to my new divorce support friends and my online Blog friends.
  • And such a special thanks for my son who is truly an ever changing miracle, I am so sorry about this mess and it's effect on you. If there was a way to undo it I would.
  • And of course, Thank God, for all I have been given and helping me through so many difficult times in my life.

No comments: