Saturday, January 06, 2007

Playing Dumb

So what did my wife's lawyer do. She only knows one trick - Delay. Well she played dumb to cause the delay.

First, I was always taught ignorance of the law is no excuse. Second, as a over twenty year veteran in the leading divorce legal firm of the state, top 50 woman divorce lawyer in the nation, how does one play the dumb card. It's not like she is a 19 year old blonde swimsuit model (not that I would subscribe to that stereotype).

As a short, caustic, lying, brass ball packing, well organized, matronly old lady who enjoys kissing judges asses, how do people not call her on this dumb routine?

I hope I get the chance to say something to her, I will just come right out and say ["Lady you may be a lot of things, but you are not stupid, and you are making a mockery of everyone in the court including the judge to pull this feigned ignorance stunt"]. Of course, even I wouldn't call her a "cunt" like my lawyer did, geez, gotta draw the line somewhere.

If I wouldn't get thrown in jail for contempt, I'd be very tempted to ask ["Judge, are you really going to let this lady make an asshole out of you?]. Better yet, I'll try to get my lawyer to say that or agree with me on that on my recorder, then I'll really have some leverage over that pussy. Hey I just realized, as I'm typing this, when I called my lawyer a pussy, I may have hurt his manhood so bad that I prompted him into calling his opponent a cunt.

The only thing I can think of is trying to call her on it. I asked my lawyer "How can somebody that old and that experienced play dumb?". He replied "cus she can, that's what she's doing, that's the game she's playing, I don't care, and you shouldn't care either". Why should I not care? It costs me and my son.

Any other ideas on the ignorance defense?

Status: Very Rough Draft – will finalize quotes after I replay the wav file. When the draft is final quoted items will be "verbatim" from the recording, bracketed items will be my thoughts, not necessarily my words. Last updated 1/6 noon.

2 comments:

Mackenzie1975 said...

I really don't like your ex.
I think she needs help...what a witch.
*Next time pick a nice gal okay?? :)

JQ75 said...

This particular post is about my wife’s lawyer's tactics, although my wife’s uglier side is very much in tune with this lawyer and sometimes I find it difficult (as my lawyer’s have) to know whose idea something is.

As a regular here you’ve learned about my wife and her actions make her pretty unlikable. Actually though she can turn on the charm and is very successful in winning friends and manipulating them to do things for her. So beware if you meet a forty something with one boy whose going through a divorce, it could be her.

The real test of character is, the court does not prevent spouses from agreeing on things, it actually encourages it. So when she keeps our son on a short leash and won’t allow extra visitation, it’s her action. Now some people say she’s afraid of her own intimidating lawyer. I find that difficult to believe. She has irrational phobias (motion, wind, loud sounds), but I’ve never seen her afraid of someone else.

As for needing help. That’s a fact. She was in therapy, but dropped out before she filed for divorce. See if she was in therapy that could be held against her (wait shouldn’t that be a plus, no that’s common sense, not court sense).

My Sleep Apnea treatment (CPAP) is a medical condition I’m being treated for and has been used as an excuse to restrict seeing my son to only four hours. I have maintained (not dropped out of) my treatment and it has successfully addressed my sleep disorder. Now oddly enough I’m able to work 8-12 hour shifts (plus a 2 hour commute) on a demanding technical support of a very large data center. When a pager goes off or one of a wall full of monitors has a red icon, I have 15 minutes to identify the problem and start the solution before my boss is paged. He rarely gets paged on my watch. I worked the weekend shift all by myself. So if I can do that, do you think I can take care of a seven year old for more than four hours? The court isn’t sure so they won’t let me see him for more than four hours at a time.

Pick a nice gal? Mac, I need time to recover. Hmmm, I might check out the priesthood after all this (LOL). I’m going to need lot’s of help making sure of that. Want to join my interview committee?

Oh BTW, I’m thinking of contacting the Retrouvaille Retreat program (to help married couples) to offer a short talk on the damage of divorce to couples in trouble so they realize that divorce is not the easy way out. I had asked my wife/ex to attend this with me when she asked for the divorce, but she wouldn’t.