Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bye bye Guardian...

So the parenting plan goes into effect, and that dismisses the Guardian.

Good bye and good riddance.

She fell, hook, line, and sinker for my wife's "concerned mother" act. She was putty in my wife's ample and manipulative hands. Any attempt at defending a balanced upbringing was met with ever increasing resistance. Like struggling in quick sand, futile.

On the flip side, Guardian fees will be replaced with mediation fees. It also means my 3 months supervision and its associated costs will start. This is to ensure that my disagreements with her overprotective mommy apron strings are properly protecting my sons safety.

I'm not careless with his safety, I teach it, in a non-melodramatic, non-screaming way. And he remembers. If I drill something, he'll say we need safety glasses. If I take out a ladder, he knows it must be on flat ground and opened until it locks. Long ago he wrote "Danger" on the highest step you can go on. Why should any child go near a ladder? In his gym class they climb an 8 foot vertical "rock wall" without a harness. And as the biggest boy in his class, I won't have him afraid to do what girls half his size can do.

I let him know, adults can have accidents, so everyone must be careful. He is allowed to watch certain things or do certain things only under supervision. He has a healthy respect for things, he feels included, he feels like a confident young man, not an insecure momma's boy. Not macho, nor effeminate. I believe in balance, my wife doesn't. I believe in BIC, and boy am I lonely, my wife doesn't, the Guardian doesn't, the lawyers don't, the judge doesn't.

Maybe I'm wrong? The record speaks for itself.
Under her care; left in a store by himself during a medical emergency; broke wrist twice during her "anger phase", one time she never treated it; sliced his face almost needing stitches, but not treated; started a fire in the microwave requiring evacuation of the house.

Under my care, nothing even close. Oh exaggerated accusations, big time; supervised climbing an 8 foot ladder, was described as hanging from roof. Injuries, no. Proper response to dangers, always (I took him to have his wrist set after a 10 hour shift; My wife just put ice on it while he was in agony for 8 hours until I got home.).
You know what's wrong? A legal system that weights evidence by the hourly rate your lawyer charges, by how connected they are, by their awards, committees, by their ass kissing, how well they play the game. I didn't hire a $350-400 lawyer, and in our market, that's the top of the family law scale, typically retained by the local millionaires.
  • My wife GOT LESS from her high priced lawyer than I got from my moderately priced ones.
  • Lawyers are like new cars, they depreciate as soon as you close the deal (they make their appearance on your case). (jqism).
  • Unmanaged lawyers are a waste, looking out for themselves rather than you.
  • Bias lawyers are the worst of the lot.
But the biased buddy is released. Huu Rah for small victories.

Note: jqism - cute quip or quote that will be the beginning of a new cliche.
Of course all jqism's are copyrighted, I have to make a page on my companion site for these.

In the interest of full disclosure that jqism was inspired by a comment from my good Blogger friend SolarisGal.

1 comment:

guttergirl said...

I like the idea of jqism. Spread the knowledge around. Keep it up and keep on fighting the good fight.