Monday, March 19, 2007

What a Klutz...

It seems like forever, but I've only been Blogging for 6 months now, 140 posts and so many more ideas to post. I remember early on how I was so surprised at what trouble SolarisGal and Kate were having on their Blogs from lawyers or hostile people. I thought I'll be more careful, so that doesn't happen to me.

Well accidents happen in threes, right?
  1. I used my email list and sent a note from my real address rather than my anonymous address to some regular readers. Over time, I know I can trust them, so kinda harmless.
  2. Then I did just the opposite, somehow used my anonymous address on a note I sent to my own lawyer, not so bad, seemed to go over his head.
  3. But tonight takes the cake, I did something that caused a text message to go to my wife's cell that may have had my anonymous id (because I didn't want to use my cell).
I guess it was only a matter of time that I would slip up.

Well I guess I dodged the third bullet, I re-created the sequence and found that my id probably didn't get sent after all. I've got to stop doing things like this unless I'm really paying attention. Just in case...



If anybody related to the litigation is reading this, I refer you to my legal agreement. You are not allowed on my site and you have been warned and any damage caused by you being on my sight will result in a claim for damages.

To the brothers of my wife, this Blog won't help her. It will only cause her lawyer to waste more money that she and our son could get, so just forget you even saw it. And by the way the restriction includes you too.

For the rest of my "legit" readers, any suggestions on what I should do? They only know my JQ75 id, not the existence of this Blog. Does that make me fairly safe or is it a simple connection? Any ideas for a new handle (send via email, don't post here). How about some ideas on how I can tell who's on?

If I have to restrict or change the Blog and you want to be notified, send me an email.

Thanks, I think I ducked this one, we'll see, read the first comment for details I didn't want to put in the post and watch the comments on this post if anything develops.

2 comments:

JQ75 said...

So how did I do such a "klutzy" thing? Well I've been wanting to add photos to my Blog and experimented with a couple hosting options.

I was experimenting with Photobucket and it asked for a cell phone number and said it won't call you. Hmm, I still didn't want to use mine, so I used an old digital circuit I had. It knew, it said that isn't a valid cell. So duh, I typed in hers.

Then on the next registration page it said, we just sent you a text message, type in the code here for prizes. What, I thought you said you weren't going to call. Liars!

So what did they send? My Photobucket ID, the same as my Blog id? Well I set up another ID and used my own cell, it said something about the prize web site, a code, but didn't mention the Photobucket id or Photobucket.

So far so good. But we'll see if I get any more funny text messages.

guttergirl said...

Setting up a restricted blog is one idea. The other idea is to set up a stat counter on your blog. You can then trace who has been visiting and where they are from. You can make your stat counter invisible too so unless people are looking for it, they won't realize you have one.

Good luck.

One more thing, don't worry too much, your secrets are safe with us loyal readers.