Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mom plays games...

While Son is Missing...
And Father is Fuming


I was at the bus stop waiting for my son and a neighbor boy and the bus driver said he got off at the apartment. I didn't have my cell on me, so I figured I'd get a call from my wife. I went back home, checked my phones, no calls. So I call her. No answer. I leave a message, "Call me, he got off at your apartment and I'm going there, since I can't reach you. Call me when you get this." No call. I'm halfway there, sitting behind a school bus and I send a page to her cell phone. A little while later I get a call, I'm almost to her place (stopping for each bus, slowed me down).

"Where are you" I ask. "What do you want", she says playing dumb and sounding annoyed at my call. I said, "He's at your apartment, WHERE ARE YOU?". "Ohhhhhh..." she says. "Well are YOU at the apartment or not?" "I'm at the health club, it will only take me a minute" she responds. By now I was just driving up to the community center and said "Well so am I, so I'll get there first."

I hang up the phone and there she is, in the car in front of me. I've got to set the record straight, we guys thought it took you girls a long time to get ready after working out. But she was able to get back to her car and get out of the parking lot in less than a minute, literally. Tell me girls, are you that quick?

It wasn't her fault that he got off at the wrong stop. And she's certainly entitled to get in shape for bikini (catch a new sugar daddy) season. But what ticks me off is playing phone games while my son's location is unknown.

The only thing I call her about is my son. And when I call at the time he gets out of school, that call should be returned. Or am I wrong?

We both arrive at the apartment at the same time, he's not outside, he doesn't have a key. She goes in and comes out a little while later with him. Where was he? He went in the apartment with neighbors, knocked on his door, no answer, so he went to the neighbors. He told them he was supposed to go to my place. He knows my number. They called her.

Well I guess I can't blame them either, she's their neighbor, and she hasn't told them anything about me and she would just as soon have our son with strangers than his father. They're just honoring her decision.

So she got my message, played dumb, and got their call too. Rather than call me and tell me he was at the neighbors and would be over to my place in a few minutes, she did what? Thought I wouldn't notice him missing, thought I wouldn't care, what the hell could she be thinking? She was going to get back quickly and pretend he was never alone? Why?

Well I don't expect her to care about my feelings or worries about where my son might be, everything she's done has proven that a lost cause. But shouldn't I be told about this one? Am I asking too much? And this is BIC?

So you see, as a realist I have set my bar pretty low. But not low enough! Thank God, I'm not an optimist, I'd be looking for a tall building, and I live in a city full of them.

So what are my parental rights? Apparently I'm not even entitled to know where he is. Think its getting time to buy him his own pre-paid cell phone and he's 7. Only 11 more years of this Bullshit.

If divorce is a solution, what is the problem? And at what price to the children?

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Did you remember to breath today? Really only 5 more years he will be able to make his own decision where he goes and when.

Hope your day is getting better.

kissmekate said...

JQ I don't understand why people want to risk the safety of their kids just to try and get under the skin of the former spouse.

I am glad that your son was OK.

JQ75 said...

As a matter of fact, I guess I wasn't. Thanks for the reminder. This is a great example of an important point to remember when readers think they have nothing to offer. Those under stress may miss obvious points. In my mind there is no useless advice.

Ah Leigh, what would I do without you. You've actually brought joy to the simple act of breathing, I get stressed, I think breath, then I think Leigh's simple but effective advice and it brings an inner smile.

So see my day did get better, hope yours is too.

JQ75 said...

Why? I think they call it self centered.

Too some extent, she found out where he was in short order, but left me thinking he was at risk rather than telling me what was going on.

Although, by not telling me who's at his bus stop, I have no info in case of a real emergency when he may indeed be at risk.

As for my bus stop, she lived here, she knows who they are, and who the neighbors are, and they know her. So if the reverse happened, she has everything she'd need to know. Besides I don't play those BS games with my son's safety.

It is so ironic, she used to criticize me for not "moving on", so she moved out, but didn't move on, she still needs to meddle and control. As for me, I could give a shit if I ever saw or talked to her again.

The good news is I got the judge to sign an order on the parenting plan, so I can take this issue to mediation and BIC, I should prevail.