Thursday, March 22, 2007

The judge fiddles while dollars burn

Who's running the show?

At a three ring circus, the ringmaster runs the show, keeps things in control. Well to use this analogy, my judge is sitting up in the cheap seats dripping in buttered popcorn watching the unmanaged circus play out. The lawyers get to do whatever they want, delay as long as they want, play games, screw their clients and he just watches the show.

How else could an average divorce turn into a two year $100,000 + debacle? Why so much? Because I had it. The goal was to use it up. Why? Cuz they can. Not my answer, theirs!

How does this judge end his cases? Well one day he puts his foot down (as he was supposed to at Phase II Trial # 4 date) and keeps you there until 2am. So it appears, just days short of the 2 year mark when he is mandated to dispose of the case, that he'll step in and force it to end.

It is scheduled to start an hour early right when the court house opens, which just emphasizes what silly futile attempts are being made. Threatening to hold court through lunch or after normal court closing times is a junior high school level punishment for adolescents, not an example of the most refined justice system in the world. This level of forced march to conclusion, when nothing has occurred in many pre-trials and 6 Trial dates, is not going to achieve justice for either party. In fact, it is impossible at this point, to achieve justice, irreparable damage has been done.

I've been hesitant to criticize the judge, but then it dawned on me. The opposition couldn't do this to me on her own. She had the passive assistance of the "absentee" judge. His inaction meant that he condoned her abuse. He is an accessory to the abuse of my child and I. That's why he ejected me from his chambers when I said that "Anyone who allowed my son to be used as leverage in this case was guilty of child abuse". At the time I meant it for whoever it applied to. I still do, its a fact, its true. It falls into the category, "if the shoe fits wear it".

It gets "better". See I can release the goods on this judge when he's up for election. But guess what, we have a visiting judge, I don't know how good or bad she is, but she isn't elected. So she is deciding on peoples lives and can not be voted out.

Status: Third Draft - Updated 03/24/07 04:25 am

8 comments:

Determined said...

This is just so terrible. $100,000 wasted, and for what? Your stbx wife has grown to be a monster.
When these people initiate divorce, I guess they have to be.

How else would they go through with putting someone through this torture? Do these people even understand what they put us through?

JQ75 said...

Supposedly my wife isn't aware of her legal fees (nor would she know mine) and so if that's true that would be extremely stupid on her part and a big shock to her. She comes off as if she doesn't know what's going on. If it is her lawyer's fault (with the passive assistance of the judge) then again stupid her. Unfortunately she will not discuss with me (or believe me) when it comes to handling this for the best of our son.

Want to know what karma has in store for her? Whatever part of her legal fees I don't get stuck with will be hers. And it is likely going to wipe out her whole settlement from me. And whatever my settlement doesn't cover will be her debt, that she won't be able to pay. Her lawyer has the reputation for suing her own clients for fees.

She had her chance in mediation, but she chose this route. In mediation, we were warned that this could happen in litigation. I don't know if she understands the torture yet, but when her whole settlement goes to her lawyer and then her lawyer sues her, she will begin to understand what she put me through.

But when she understands, will she care? Probably not, she'll probably buy into the system's propaganda that we have no choice.

No choice? In the freest land in the world? I will test that hypothesis and report it here in this Blog.

Anonymous said...

You know what JQ? I dont think the US is the "freest land in the world". It has become a litigious society where it seems there are no holds barred.

Where I'm from the saying "only in America" is common and I pray it stays there on the other side of the world and doesnt spill over too quickly into the rest of the western world as I guess it will inevitably one day.

Im really sorry about your litigious ex wife. You seem like a genuine and nice fellow. In the end this wont serve any purpose but line your lawyers pockets and be detrimental to your son who you both love and who doesnt deserve this.

Glad youre being reasonable these days ;)

JQ75 said...

Well we tout ourselves as the freest, so I'll be happy to call the bluff. Of course I wouldn't need to test it if it were true.

I'm guessing "only in America" isn't said with fondness. While I visited relatives in Ireland, we were discussing differences in our societies. There were some things that horrified them.

Imagine how how helpful all that money would be, all down the toilet. It is a terrible crime against the people.

Thanks for the comment, don't be a stranger.

PS: Reasonable? Are you being sarcastic? I told you the combination of a technical field, and academia means I just don't know when to stop. But I'll give it a shot.

Anonymous said...

Hey JQ

No I wasnt being sarcastic. Just referring to the fact that youd changed the spelling of the word 'reasonable' on your blurb after I left you a comment on Sol's blog :)

Anonymous said...

oopsies....that last comment was from me

JQ75 said...

p(s)pest,

See at first when you mentioned "reasonable" I assumed you were talking about verbose/brevity.

So when you commented I thought you were talking about that. Although actually this one isn't too long, but I've got some whoppers coming.

In between your comment and this post I was editing my profile and horror of horror's (in the academic world) my Firefox V2 pointed out the spelling error and I corrected it. I didn't realize that you were pointing out a spelling error (blushing) in your previous comment.

Of course I am a technical (computer science) academic not an English major like my wife, so I rely on technology like spell/grammar check.

As a regular reader you must know that I take jokes or make them all in good fun.

So any suggestions are fine.

Determined said...

jq - I guess the pests moved over here now that kate and I have locked our blogs.