Friday, June 01, 2007

Blogging Milestone

Wow May 2007, what a month.
  • May 02 - Our 15 year wedding anniversary
  • May 03 - My 8th Trial Date
  • May xx - My 9th Trial Date
  • May 22 - My 10th Trial Date
  • May 23 - Our "Final" Divorce Decree
  • May 31 - My 50th Blog Post in a single Month
  • May 2007 - Good Fuckin Riddance
  • June 2007 - Implement Final Divorce Decree

I started Blogging when my new parenting plan push with my 3rd legal firm began in earnest in Sept 2006. That was over 200 posts ago, and my good friend, to this day, SolarisGal was my very first commenter and supporter. Wow over 200 posts and in this last month 50 of them, 25%. Well I don't think I can keep up that pace, but I'm not going anywhere, as some of our past friends have.

I am entering a difficult period, to cope with a tremendous financial hit. A hit that is so devastating that most people could not take it, a hit that has sent people looking for tall bridges, and ironically a hit that the average person wouldn't get because it would be too risky for the lawyers who could loose money. And after all, this game is all about money, BIC be damned. (jqism).

The parenting plan had six major revisions over a four month period. The next five month period, which was to run concurrent with the first period, but didn't, had an unbelievable amount of updates to the financial settlement. I have quite literally lost count of the them. I could find out, I could go through my divorce directory and its sub-directories and count up the files and the tabs within the spreadsheets.

I stopped building new spreadsheets and simply added tabs for easier comparisons. And these various tabs had anywhere up to a half dozen scenarios in contention that I managed within each single tab. After a half dozen major changes, and a Trial Date, I'd start a new spreadsheet. And these asshole lawyers thought they could manage this on a legal pad, in their head. What fuckin arrogant fools. That is how I could beat them at their own sloppy game. The separation agreement and divorce decree were slam dunked in the last month. And I even got a favorable parenting plan addendum slam dunked on the very last day. An addendum that I wrote, that I lobbied for 3 months, that eventually required me to threaten my own lawyers.

May 2007 is a month I won't likely forget, a blur, the darkest hour of my 50 years on Earth. One hopes that this is truly rock bottom, I worry that it might not be, but I hope that it is. With every single aspect of my life destroyed and in ashes, all I have to do is simply rise like a Phoenix. Time and future Blog posts will tell.


Notice the new Blog Label "Damage" - I have a feeling I'm gonna get plenty of use of it.

6 comments:

Little Wing said...

JQ, you will rise above the ashes. You are a survivor and you WILL rise again. We wont let you not.

Lara Croft said...

God only gives us what we can handle, or atleast thats what I like to believe in..

JQ75 said...

Thanks for the kind words Littlewing.

I've heard that Lara. Sometimes I think God overestimates me. LOL

An old Chinese proverb says, may you live in interesting times. I could stand a little boredom these days.

Lara Croft said...

Boredom is truly underestimated

Leigh said...

My friend JQ, you have made it up and back down the first and longest hill. Now it is time to start to rebuild.

Take a long deep breath and start fresh. The money part I know is hard, but money is not your sanity. You can earn more, you have your son and his health. You have the beauty that surrounds you.

Today is a whole new day. Enjoy it.

Take Care!

JQ75 said...

Yeah Lara, every now and then it can be a good thing.

That's what I'm hoping for, Leigh. But in the process, severe damage was deliberately done to my background records effecting my ability to gain employment in my field. As for my son, he's the second hill, I don't have him yet. He just visits.

Despite sounding cynical, I will take your good advice to heart. It's always nice to hear from my breathing buddy. Now I'm smiling, thanks.