Sunday, November 12, 2006

Needed a break

Well after going through the Parenting Plan for the nth time time (I've actually lost count), I just needed a break. I'm sittin in my place, eyes blurring out over the screen with all this legal crap. So what am I gonna do at the last minute on a Friday night.

I was going to go out & see a band, didn't have time to check them out. So I figured I'd see a movie. Went there, lot's of couples trying to decide. I walked up and said, one ticket for Babel. The chick said, what, how many? I looked at her and said, I'm going stag tonight dear, just one, she smiled and said have a nice time. It was an interesting movie. Engaging. Much better than sitting around stewing about my problems.

Gotta follow my own advice. Little positive steps. They add up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the way you are handling things!!!!!!
I saw Stranger than fiction and Borat this weekend. Borat is so incredibly offensive and inappropriate, but that is what they were going for...and I knew it in advance. Stranger was cute.
How was Babel??

JQ75 said...

Thanks, Mac, it isn’t always easy.

I was thinking of both of those too, but saw Babel instead. It’s a little different, I’d say it’s a movie goers movie, one with layered subtleties that commands your undivided attention. It got a review of A and I’d agree.

There are several seemingly unrelated diverse plots that you jump between. There are a few time jumps, but if you are paying attention they all work, you can follow them without any trouble.

Each of the subplots deals with communication challenges, relationships, joy and panic. But the direction is very good and all these transitions are done well, kind of leading you on a controlled rollercoaster ride that unfolds showing how these very diverse situations really are in the end deeply entwined.

It would be a good movie to see with someone to discuss afterward to see which subtleties were noticed and how they were interpreted.