Saturday, November 25, 2006

Sense of timing

My wife has a perverse sense of timing. It is way beyond coincidence.

Here are some examples (no, it is not a complete list)
  • Ask for a divorce for Valentine's Day
  • Files for divorce on April Fool's Day
  • Subpoena day before Father's Day
  • Object to Christmas Visitation the day before Christmas Eve
  • Sabotage the final Parenting Plan the week of (both) my Birthday and Thanksgiving
Accident, I think not.

For this year's Thanksgiving, she has hussled my son out of town for the entire long weekend.

Ah, but what do they say about those who live by the sword ?

See this has given me extra time. Time she hopes will punish me, sitting lonely in my four walls to dwell on my undeserved punishment.

Well, I have news for her...

First, knowing her intention to ruin the holiday, as she did last year, I prepared a simple Father & Son Thanksgiving before she could get him out of town. Simple but traditional meal of Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Cranberry so he could enjoy a celebration with me.

Second, my extended family invited me to a large celebration on that day.

When my son contacted me by cell phone on Thanksgiving evening, my caller ID showed he was in the care of my 13 year old niece who is much more interested in boys twice my son's age. Where was my wife, busy? She was no where near my son.

Third, despite the toll this has taken on me, my mind remains sharp and up to her games. More importantly up to the legal challenges as you'll see in my next post.

No comments: