Monday, July 16, 2007

Time crunch for no reason

We were celebrating my Father's Birthday so it would be nice for my son to participate. Most weekends he stays over the whole weekend with her parents, brother and cousins. He gets to see my parents once every few months for 5-6 hours. His Uncle and neice (on my side) even less often.

So with some arranging, she allowed him to attend a celebration for his grandfather for 3 hours because she had plans that evening which included getting him home for a babysitter. After some discussion she agreed to make it 4 hours by getting ready earlier. Two hours to visit his Uncle and cousin and 2 hours to celebrate his grandfather's birthday.

She arrived a half hour late. So we had 3.5 hours to do everything. A quick walk on the marsh followed by seeing the large beach, dinner with the family, then some play time with his cousin, then picked up on time and off to the baby sitter while we continued to celebrate for another 4 hours and my niece kept asking to go to a neighbor to find a child to play with since her cousin was gone.

So instead of spending a day with his extended family he spent half a day with them and half watching his mother get ready and with a babysitter. BIC? Bullshit !

It's not just the NCP who looses out, its their whole extended family.

4 comments:

Little Wing said...

That is so wrong. Why can't you get that changed in court, maybe to where another family member can pick him up and drive him if it is over the mileage?
Why can't he be allowed to maybe spend the night with another of your family members, if not you, and you could stay too???
That stinks. What a controlling bitch.

JQ75 said...

Many people agreed it was wrong, but the judge allowed her counsel to play the needed games.

With a tremendous amount of effort I did get a provision that another adult driver can drive him. My parents are older and my brother is busy, but they do manage to help me.

Actually during the litigation it was suggested that a family member stay at my house in order for him to be allowed to stay.

Our next thought is for him to spend the night at my brother's house or at a camp out event with him.

It would be a family time, my brother and I and our two children.

Why because of a sleep disorder. During various business events I have driven 300 miles (5 hours) worked for 6 hours. That's a long day and I managed.

Yep she's controlling bitch.

Remember the court picks a winner and a looser. Oh they'll use better language but that is what it is. And I'm the NCP, the looser.

Anonymous said...

Your son is lucky your fighting so hard to stay in his life, it is worth it mate

JQ75 said...

Yeah it is a hard fight and it shouldn't be. Thanks for the encouragement.