Monday, July 09, 2007

Progress...

So, after countless phone calls, pages of spreadsheets, no help from my pussy lawyer, I've made some progress, not done yet, but some significant progress, so I'm finally breathing a little easier.

It's like I've been holding my breath for weeks trying to get this all together, and now I've exhaled and am exhausted. Whew.

Progress
I have quashed two creditor lawsuits (total of $34,000) and reached a settlement, and avoided the third foreclosure attempt on my house from both mortgages.

I made a huge withdrawal in cash from one bank and hand delivered it to two other banks. I'm walking through the parking lot in denim shorts, gray T-shirt and tennis shoes carrying a few thousand in cash so everybody would post the deposits without a bank hold. That was the first half of the transaction, the second half, even bigger, which I have a funds transfer in progress for, will be this week.

Each of these four creditors could have filed suit and I'd be in court for at least another two years. Shit, I didn't need that.

That's the good news...
Left to Do
Now I still have to respond to the lawsuit filed by the last creditor, I mentioned below, by July 24 and appear in court on the 25th.

Then I need to enforce my child support order that finally recognizes that I have never missed my support obligation and force them to stop their enforcement actions, take me off the IRS No Refund and State Department Banned Passport Lists (Yes me and Achmed will both be cavity searched if we go into an airport), then I can renew my passport.

The legal system's misuse of the child support enforcement agency is part of homeland terrorism. It's no wonder that some men have taken the attitude that if your gonna screw me even when I pay the whole bill, why should they pay and then still be screwed. Remember when they said they were gonna fix it for me? Haven't heard from them. They're too busy taking enforcement actions against innocent people who comply with the law.

I still have that old lawsuit where he wants to take my car. I have a new lawsuit that I just haven't had time for (because its small).

Her lawyer is still playing delaying games, so a motion to show cause should be filed this week. I have to review all the notification and enforcement actions that are needed, the pussy is playing dumb (comes naturally) and has been no help.

So this weekend, I'll be out of my financial hole and celebrate my Dad's birthday and then depending on the lawsuit, I'll have to see if I can finally get that break to clear my head. But no air travel or border crossings until I'm off the State Dept list.

Moral of the story: The final decree is the beginning of your post decree activities.

3 comments:

Little Wing said...

Wow John. Exhale now!
That was a hell of a lot to have on your plate! Sounds like a poo-poo plate!
So glad you are finally seeing light at the end of the tunnel......!
Damn, what a shitty time you have been thru, all uncalled for and so unfair!

JQ75 said...

Oh yea, as the guy from "Dirtiest Jobs" says a plate full of poo. I still have some more work to do, and going to court in 2 weeks will not be fun, but at least I got 4 out of the 5 biggest (5 digit) creditors handled.

It still feels pretty un-American to be labeled in the same group as terrorists because my wife's lawyer "played" the system. I've always been patriotic and proud of America, but this abuse of the American justice system really shakes my faith.

Lara Croft said...

I know we think as individuals we cant change the system but you know may YOU can