Friday, February 16, 2007

$50K going for $60K

Got the news today, I'm officially over the $50K mark in legal expenses and the settlement work (all my cost, she's not willing to settle) will likely be another $10K by March on the 2 year anniversary of the litigation.

At the fifth Phase II Trial Date my lawyer asked for the Phase III Trial to begin. This would force the judge to hear testimony and render a final binding decision. Her lawyer argued and got the next (sixth) Phase II Trial Date scheduled for March 12th. There were only supposed to be four Phase II (forced negotiation) Trial Dates.

The only way to end this before two years is if she agrees to a settlement, something she's never been willing to talk about let alone do.

The goal is to use up all the money I have, then it will end.

The lawyers win, my son looses.

No comments: