Saturday, February 17, 2007

Let me count the ways

How bad can you screw up in one hearing?
  • His financial proposal did not mention $30K of separate assets that were seized by the court.
  • A downward adjustment to child support has been pending since Sept 2006, he didn't mention it, because opposing counsel was asking for an upward adjustment.
  • We agreed he'd request frozen funds to be released to prevent foreclosure of my home, he didn't mention it.
  • By avoiding these financial issues he is setting me up to be a Deadbeat Dad.
  • He claimed being a Deadbeat Dad didn't matter and would not be reflected on my credit report. It is on my credit report. I am flagged to the IRS and all IRS refunds will be seized (seize first, ask endless questions over a long period of time), regardless of my child support status, my passport and driver's license were within days of being taken last Sept.
  • He allowed opposing counsel to introduce evidence from Sept that was deliberately held back for multiple hearings to cause a delay.
  • After exhaustive subpoenas to brokerages who could only produce 10 years of records, he allowed opposing counsel to argue that I should have my home searched for documents as old as 15 years.
  • He allowed counsel to argue that I had to reproduce evidence of my wife's theft of $12K of marital that I had turned over to a previous counsel that was given to opposition counsel over 1 year ago. He threatened that if I did not produce the evidence again (that was given to counsel) in 7 days that I would loose claim to the $12K.
  • And probably a few more that I can't remember.
What do you think, how much is his "professional service" worth? How about $3K?

Status: First Draft

Note: I have been erroneously labeled a Deadbeat Dad from the beginning and had as much as 2.5 years of child support in escrow, I have missed mortgage payments but not child support.

No comments: