Sunday, February 18, 2007

To Trudge

What brought that movie to mind? Well my snow blower has bit the dust and I was buried in the snow. So I went up and down my street to the several snow plowing services. They’re busy with season contracts. Darn, need to go to store.

I trudged, one and half miles in snow that was over 2 feet in places. Snow over my knees. Pretty good exercise pushing and pulling my legs from the heavy wet snow. When I got to the main street, someone in a parking lot asked how far did you come? Are you snowed in? Yep.

Big surprise, he went home, got another neighbor, came back picked me up and had a huge snow blower in his truck. Two hours later, we finally got my driveway clear and my car out of the drift.

Small world, he lives about a half mile away, his daughter is in my son’s class, I know her from my teacher’s aid work. We’re in the same parish.

Just as Jeffrey was stripped of his dignity and was sent to trudge, so had I and in our trials we met a man of real honor who helped a stranger in need.

With all the court evil I see, it is so uplifting to think people of good character still exist (in the flesh and of course my loyal band of readers).

3 comments:

jd said...

John, it is heart warming to hear such stories. Good karma at work.

JQ75 said...

I felt helpless, but if I had not "Trudged" and "Soldiered on" I would never have met the man who helped me out.

JQ75 said...

The drift next to my car was nearly up to the window. My son was having a ball making footprints all over the yard, getting into it waste deep.

We still have another blizzard coming and I was getting worried. Although last night's snow was enough to give me trouble getting up my driveway hill, so I left my car close to the sidewalk to make sure I don't get stuck again. Then I shoveled from the sidewalk to the street.

By the end of the week we're supposed to get to 40 and I'll be sure to get the driveway clean to the pavement before our next set of snows.