Monday, February 26, 2007

Stupid Cover Letter

I have experiences with several legal firms who do the same thing and if anyone out there knows why you must tell me.

Whenever I get anything from a lawyer, it comes with the same stupid cover letter saying blah blah above entitled case blah blah any questions, and then it is signed by the lawyer.

First these cover letters are useless or worse. The return address on the envelope gives me an idea of what it is about and although I am involved in multiple lawsuits at this point in time (debt collection), I have not found the cover letter to be helpful.

OK, no harm, no foul, right? Wrong!

When the letter contains a threatening motion from the opposition or worse yet when the letter clearly is a result from your own lawyer's screw up (see post below), then the cover letter becomes an irritating reminder of how little you matter.

If you are going to write a cover letter, how about telling me (breifly) how you are going to deal with this or give me some sense that you have this under control.

Of course, the fact that my case has been out of control and screwed up since day one and I don't trust any of the sleaze bags as far as I could throw them may enter into my disdain for these letters.

The fact that I repeatedly tried to be proactive and head off a certain problem all the while being ignored or marginalized in an unprofessional rude manner and then here comes the notice that I had anticipated all along and that they had ignored all along is what makes it worse.

Status: First Draft Updated 2/26 2:50 am

No comments: