Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ball's in his court

I called my lawyer and I made some points crystal clear. He tried to wiggle. He tried to play dumb. He tried to play helpless. He tried to pretend I'm not getting screwed. I wouldn't let him.

My points:
  • You have exceeded your authority several times, you have also caused delays.
  • Interpreting the funds release court order as restrictive when I was there in the presence of opposition counsel and she had no objection is outside the scope of your authority.
  • I am suffering damages as a result of your exceeding your authority, and intend to recover damages.
  • You don't need to ask the judge if it's OK to disagree with opposition, you need to sell it. Sell it convincingly, forcefully. As you are duty bound as my advocate.
  • You aren't stupid or without perception, these are not valid excuses.
  • Attempts and requests are of no value, you are being judged on results and they are poor.
  • I must have the verbal understanding of Parenting Plan written as an addendum and included in the court order. The idea that this will be the first verbal agreement honored is foolish.
The ball is in his court, deliver results. I'm easy to please.

You expect payment, I expect results, not games.


I'm changing the game rules, keep up.

7 comments:

Lara Croft said...

To a total stranger, that's me, I think your wife should look at this entire issue with different eyes. Sure if she hadnt been with you JQ maybe Brad Pitt would have proposed, but if she just realised if nothing else, then you have a child who needs BOTH parents to make it work, why Lawyers are now responsible for your childs well being is insane to me, doesnt she see this?

Karin's Korner said...

Yeah!! Good for you. Maybe this is just the thing your attorney needs to get fired up, instead of just plain fired!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

guttergirl said...

Go JQ! Kick some well deserving lawyer butt!

Good luck!

guttergirl said...

Two lawyers were walking along, negotiating a case.

"Look," said one to the other, "let's be honest with each other."

"Okay, you first," replied the other.

That was the end of the discussion.

Determined said...

Yes, keep them in check! lol

JQ75 said...

Lara, you're no stranger, we're Blogger Buddies. Brad Pitt, now that's serious competition. LOL.

She does give me credit that our son is something that she'll always appreciate from our relationship.

She has always said that she wants me to have a relationship with my son. In fact she claimed that the divorce would improve the relationship, that the time would be better quality time.

She claims to understand that he needs both parents. It's just that she thinks he should never spend a whole day or weekend with me.

She also thinks that I shouldn't be allowed to drive my son more than 10 miles because I got in an accident due to untreated Sleep Apnea 3 years ago. It's treated now, I don't work 3rd shift or drive 100 miles/day, I haven't had an accident in over 50,000 miles, I drove almost 400 miles today and spent a whole day in intense work.

But I can't take my son to the zoo 15 miles away or to a ball game in our major league city 20 miles away or to his grandparents 25 miles away or to his Uncle & cousin 30 miles away. Because she says so and the court agrees - in the best interest of the child.

Lawyers being involved is part of the insane process. If she saw it, she could stop it. Apparently she really doesn't see it, or thinks her desire for control or vengeance is more important than it being insane.

In either case, I guess she's handicapped in that respect.

Some people really are blind.

JQ75 said...

Karin & guttergirl & SolarisGal

Thanks for stopping by to cheer me on, I appreciate it.

Hey cool joke... I think I'll tell it to my lawyer.