Friday, April 27, 2007

Photos at last...

In addition to my companion web site (listed in the sidebar), I have added a photo hosting site here. I've tried several, and I may yet go to another (I'm thinking Flickr Pro), but I've put it off long enough, so in an attempt to avoid perfectionism, here it is, and I'll improve it over time.

When you go to the main page, you will see a list of sub albums and the main (miscellaneous, uncategorized) photos. You can click on a sub album to see it's photos. If there is one sub album you like, you can bookmark it and go to it directly. The main link will always be in my sidebar for your convenience.

You can click the words "view album as slideshow" to see the photos displayed one at a time full screen. You can click on an individual image and it will resize to your browser window. Hovering the cursor over the photo will tell you the percentage of actual size (in the upper right corner). Clicking on the photo or the "view full size" will enlarge it. In the right upper corner outside the picture is a preview of the previous and next picture. You can step through them at your own pace.

For those interested in the details, scroll to the bottom of the photo and click "Show Exif Data". There are two dates, the file date, when I resized the file (not much use) and the date taken. Occasionally the date taken will be wrong (my son reset it a few times). Otherwise the speed, aperture, and flash data will display.

After you are done with a sub album you have to go back to the main album (JQ75) by clicking on the "JQ75" after the "Current album" on the top left.

Photos are arranged in the albums most recently added first. So you can always start from the first photo to see newly added photos.

Photos hosted on photobucket are limited to 1074 x 768, so are under 500K and load fast. I use Irfanview Thumbnail viewer and Batch command with customized settings to resize my 3 MP or 5 MP digital photos down to this size. This allows me to select a group of photos and with a few clicks resize them all. Irfanview is an excellent free tool.

All photos are taken by me or my son, except for the photos in the "Photos by Others" sub album. Someday I may go through my "maker made" (taken by me and processed and manipulated in my darkroom by me) photos and post them.

Some trivia - photos with the prefix DCP are from my older 3 MP camera, and yes I've taken well over 9000 photos with it (hey he's so cute). The DCAM prefix is from my newer duocam 5 MP still camera with DV video. If it has no other suffix, it likely wasn't edited (except for rotation and cropping). A suffix will indicate it was edited, most likely by PhotoShop Elements or a variety of PhotoShop plugins.

And as Jeffry Chaucer was portrayed in "A Knights Tale" as saying
And without further ado or guilding of the lily...



Mother and Son

Main Album - Mom and Son

Miscellaneous or uncategorized photos.






Father and Son

Son Album - Son's drawing of Father and Son










Bug on Flower

Nature Album - Bug on Flower










Lawyer's Office

Travel Album - Where my Lawyer lives









Punch Down
Tech Album - Telephone Punchdown Block

Photos of my "Tech Pride and Joy" Soyo Dragon 2 Platinum dual boot Linux/Win XP Praetorian system will be coming soon. It is still under construction (literally).





Deep Space
"Photos by Others" Album
New Horizons Deep Space Mission









The above photos are only a single photo from the album, each album contains from 2 to 10 photos at this time. More will be added. I hope you like them, I enjoyed taking them.

4 comments:

Determined said...

they're nice pics but everyone is hidden! And then you ask me to post clearer shots? lol

Lara Croft said...

LOL Sol's gotcha there

JQ75 said...

Well girls, I responded to that "input" via email, but for everyone else, this photo site is to show another side of me. The creative, non-litigation, happy person that was so much more prevalent outside this litigation.

By simply reading this Blog, people could think I am an angry bitter person. I wasn't, and underneath I'm not, the system has eaten away at me for over 2 years.

If I had posted photos of my son and myself, my frustration and the reason why would be even more clear. The disparity between the happy photos and the Blog would be even more stark.

And that is the lesson. The system changes you. Resist if you can, I did for the first 6+ months. But no one can hold out against an unrelenting attack forever and that's how long the courts have. Until we speak up and change that.

For safety and litigation reasons I don't think I can publish a recognizable photo of my son. But those who know are all in agreement that he is soooooo cute. So that section will be things related to my son, his art work, his activities, etc.

And of course there are some closet geeks (you know who you are, its OK, you've got a friend here) out there who will appreciate that section. As I work with enterprise level technology I have some interesting photos over the years.

Lara Croft said...

Yes your son is a chip of the not so old log, cute and smart lol