Wednesday, April 18, 2007

SGDD Update 1

Opposition counsel is stonewalling the settlement agreement she verbally approved with the judge. I told my lawyer if it wasn't approved this week, I won't show for Trial Date # 8 on May 1. Yesterday in court my lawyer requested the judge to order the opposition to respond, The judge set a lawyer's conference (hearing without parties present) next Monday, May 23 (more billable hours).

This is my opportunity to file for appearance as co-counsel, to prevent the collusion between the lawyers to the detriment of the parties. I haven't decided whether to be nice or not.

If I want to be nice I'll prepare two exhibits for the Motion of Appearance. Exhibit A will state justification in a non-accusatory way. Exhibit B, should I receive resistance to the idea, will be brutal and difficult to deny. It will point out on public record the multi thousand dollar mistakes. I could use this as leverage to blackmail my lawyer into supporting me as co-counsel. Just the way he's blackmailing me into a questionable settlement by locking up funds that were to be released to me. This is causing me to receive penalties which opposition counsel has objected to, now that I released the higher child support amount, opposition counsel is happy and I may be able to use her against my own counsel who is trying to look good to his boss' by protecting receivables. I smile inside with the idea that I could play the lawyers against each other to my benefit.

At the very least I will show up at the lawyers conference uninvited to let them know they are being watched.

I pursued a jurisdictional challenge today, but practically it's not looking good. Not enough time to pull off several important prereq's. I need to review the results of the meeting and do some more research. But if the opposition causes more delays, as she is prone to do, then she'll give me that opportunity.

No comments: