Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Thank God For Small Miracles

or Even a Lawyer Will Hear You If You Repeat It Often Enough...

I was sure the pussy would not bend, but it was so important. After all this money and time, my visitation only gave me visitation assuming my Thur-Sun work schedule. Well that will change, so then what, well there are lot's of hurdles, there is a makeup provision but its under her control and she's been violating it lately.

So I had a very simple request, give me an alternate visitation schedule for a M-F schedule now, in writing, so there will be no snags, no delays, with a work schedule change. His response was that the parenting plan was signed, sealed, and ordered. No more changes. Nothing can be done. Well it's not so much a change as just getting around to something I've asked from the beginning.

Well nothing if that's your choice, my choice, an addendum. Still like a brick wall. So I give him an ultimatum, it's a deal breaker, no addendum, no divorce. So in a game of chicken, we stand, who will blink first. After all this crap, I need this gauranteed now. I can't change work schedules and then loose access to my son. I mean it, no addendum, no deal. It's simple.

He blinked. Out of the blue, I get an email, here's the addendum, do you approve it's sumission to the opposition? It's one page, it's simple, "upon father's schedule changing to M-F, visitation will immediately change to...". My response, "Fine".

I stopped there. I could have said, "it took you long enough", or "what did you use to unclog the shit from your ears so you could hear me". But I'm so tired of all the bullshit, so I simply said "Fine".

Now I seriously doubt the opposition will accept it, that would qualify as a "big" miracle. So it will go to the judge. What is there to object too? The judge verbally agreed to this so long ago. So why not write it down. Especially since every verbal agreement has been reneged on.

It could still get left out. But I tried. And when my schedule changes, and the hurdles arrive, I will ask, why didn't the addendum pass and what is in the best interest of the child?

It's a sucker bet, I set them up, and that's why there has been so much resistance. Either the problem is solved (my hope), or they indict their own bad behavior (their last choice). Any time you can narrow down the choice to your first choice vs. their last choice, you've got them. (jqism).

I'm not celebrating yet. Not until it is signed as an order. But it was the right thing to do. It is an act of prevention so my son doesn't get screwed post decree. And everyone knows an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you can celebrate soon.