Friday, May 25, 2007

Another big error

I just got a fax from my lawyer addressed to my broker who is also a defendant in this case, giving him the good news that the case is settled and a seizure of funds has been made. My broker is under court order to deliver the funds requested.

But he forgot something, I know, just from looking, but I checked my spreadsheets just to be sure. Thankfully the error is in my favor, for, ready, don't you want to guess, OK, $12,000. Do you think I'm gonna tell the asshole about it? Hell NO!

But JQ, you're stealing. Don't worry it will be caught, somebody's missing money. I don't know who yet. I have to read that convoluted, no cross referenced piece of shit document package that cost me $100K. And ya know what, I don't care. We'll see how long it takes for the idiots to notice and then I will practice my best outrage and indignation with the managing partners. Or maybe just deep somber concern.

I'll remind them how many times we've discussed this, how serious it is. Oh, BTW, I know how you can fix it, for my usual management consulting fee (depends on the terms of engagement and level of risk to you "remaining an ongoing concern") I will provide you with an analysis and risk mitigation. It's what I do (references provided). The good news is it's less than you charge, the so so news is its the same number of digits per hour (3). Too high you think. Not what you pay your PC jockeys.

I'm not a mom and pop PC jockey. I manage huge computing risks that can close large companies down. It's the special bet-your-job rate. I'll be happy to let you contact someone who got a nice discount on my rate because of a guaranteed 8 month engagement. The results - many challenges, some long 24+ hour days, on-time, client kept his job. And isn't that all you really care about?

JQ, it's unbelievable, how could this keep happening ----


Status: First Draft

1 comment:

Determined said...

Finally - an error in your favor! Don't say a word. Let them spend money trying to figure it out :)