Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Game Day Details

12:30 – T + 2 hours So I’m still waiting like an asshole in the hall, just like we agreed we would not do. I was threatened not to be a minute late but opposing counsel sauntered in 45 min late. It’s late enough now where the judge is probably is going to break for lunch while we wait in the hall. Meanwhile the meter is running hundreds per hour going down the drain.

Well don’t allow it, you don’t get a choice, I tried to have it rescheduled so we wouldn’t sit & waste time just to find out the changes are too large to deal with today. I asked that the judge simply make the decision on whether to continue to allow opposition to make changes.

Instead my lawyer is going to ask for a trial, that’s another $50K in litigation. I said I just want you to ask the judge to reinstruct the opposition on the settlement process the judge outlined four months ago.

But lawyers never pick the easy common sense approach.

Finally at 1:30 the judge calls us in. The settlement is moving further apart instead of closer. I wonder if he noticed that my position hadn’t changed from his recommendations that I thought we were both obligated to accept, despite that I personally thought they were unfair to me.

At 2:00 the lawyers call us in and the hired bitch tries to be oh so proper in her best manipulative actress voice. I’m thinking of the same thing I say to my wife, “Save it for Hollywood, don’t waste it on me.”

Pressure is mounting, I can no longer play this game, I’m going to gamble, I’m going to lay it all on the line.

2:30 T + 4 hours I walk to elevator and leave, I have the new settlement agreement in my case, I did not look at it, and I won't until later.

No comments: