Friday, May 25, 2007

Congratulations from the lawyer

My lawyer calls, he sounds so upbeat and happy.

Lawyer: "You're free, you don't have to worry about going to court and the opposition lawyer anymore"


Me: "Yeah and I don't have to worry about making investment decisions anymore either"


The point is the lawyers won, my son lost. And my wife and I can check off a list of who prevailed on what. Maybe you could say I won, because I got something, the greedy bastards wanted the house too, but didn't get it. The judge said he would take it too, put it in the kitty for the lawyers to take.

But the safety net it took 15 years hard work to build? Gone, not to my son, not to her, to the lawyers. I'm not depressed about it (yet), I have known this would happen for some time. I'm more numb. Kind of like a punch to the solarplexes gasping for air in disbelief. Need to breathe (Hi Leigh).

And the flip side (jqism)... I always try to look at things on a spectrum, or two sides of a coin. Some people would be looking for a tall building to jump from. Many people would be far worse off had this happened to them. At least I don't have that feeling (as I write this).

If I didn't have a safty net, what would have happened ----------

Congratulations sucka, we won, you lost. But that's the system, the house always wins in the end. Remember that the next time you are tempted to go to court in the hope for justice. Don't be a sucka.

So who's the sucka in this game, that's another post.


Status: First Draft - Last Updated 05/25/07 11:10 am

PLACEHOLDER TO BE UPDATED TONIGHT

No comments: