Saturday, May 12, 2007

A pleasant surprise...

Out of the blue, I get a call, late yesterday evening, I instantly recognized her voice, I haven't seen her in several years, I first heard her voice many years ago in college. We talked for over an hour, she was calling to let me know that a mutual friend was in town for a wedding. This is the same friend I mentioned (to some of you) who used to throw the do-not-miss parties.

So we arranged to meet in our old neighborhood. We talked for hours, it was great to see them again. We talked about old times, fun times, my divorce was an aside, oh BTW, for 2 minutes.

I hadn't done the math, I guess it has been 27 years since I first met these two girls. So many good times, so many memories. It was a great reminder of how good my life was, how good it could yet be.

No comments: