Sunday, May 06, 2007

You better not call

Time will tell, I know opposing counsel wants to do last minute BS. That's what Friday's call was about. My lawyer's game is going to be to ignore her and force her to argue in front of the judge who's going to (pretend to) wonder why this discussion hasn't taken place earlier.

If he follows that strategy it will put pressure on the opposition that she will not like. If it works, I won't be bothered during my Monday visitation. If not, my lawyer will be calling me to do some last minute negotiation. I will tell him to call back at 9pm or 8am (no Trial Day).

Now the judge pretends not to be happy about this, but it will give the opposition another opportunity to vet some new issue to him where I may loose. If he truly was unhappy with this he'd simply bang his gavel and say time's up, you had 7 Trial Dates, multiple lawyers' conferences and a dozen pre-trial dates on which to bring things to my attention. Show me why this could not have been brought up earlier, seeing no valid reason, judgment against Plaintiff.

But judges, or at least this one in particular, can have a cozy relationship with lawyers who frequently practice before them. Too cozy. Conflict of Interest Cozy.

I am coming to the conclusion, her lawyer isn't that great, the system is that bad. It allows her to get away with it. She could be challenged, she could be slowed down, she could be stopped, but only if someone speaks up, and no one in the courtroom has done that, except when I did and was ejected for it.

So after over 2 years, don't call me the day before the trial and interrupt my restricted visitation with your last minute bullshit, especially since you told me "Fuck You" and hung up on me Friday and said "you had plans". Well asshole, so do I.

No comments: