Tuesday, May 15, 2007

In case you think I have more to give...

Here's an email (with redactions) I sent to my lawyer (not the senior partner)... to make myself perfectly clear.
Other than to generate more fees and steal yet more money from my son, what reason would Plaintiff have for following action?

[I included an excerpt from the court docket where Plaintiff had issued a subpoena last Thursday to my broker]

I had thought you had won this as separate property.

Plaintiff's continued bad faith, in this action and yesterday's threat has me deeply concerned that I was played a fool by signing this and I am concerned whether the judge will force her to settle or whether I'll get some new bullshit reason why "he couldn't force her" and at the same time you and the judge will try to force me into something new.

Meet me at the [Major Newspaper's] Metro Desk if you want to discuss that option with me.

If we can't try it under [judge's name], we can always use the media.

I'd like to know any reaction [judge's name] had, if he made any assurances that he would stop entertaining Plaintiff's folly, and when he has set a target for Plaintiff to finalize the agreements (or is it open ended).
I got a phone call from the senior partner assuring me that he'd personally make sure things stayed under control. Well it's about time.

No comments: