Thursday, May 03, 2007

Hey Bossman...

My lawyer is avoiding me. he knows what I'll ask and he doesn't have an answer. His office staff know the score. So after repeated calls they put me through to the senior partner.
"I'm very concerned about my lawyer's inability to stop the opposition's last minute stunts. Did you know that we lost a lot of ground the last time?" (Bloggers see WTF)
So he finally gets back to me at an inconvenient time, but I have my recorder. Oh, boy, good posting material, but give me a little time, I'm gonna post this verbatim, right from the recording.

It's classic law, he admits how the game is played, admits I'm being "played" by my wife and her lawyer, talks of how things can be weaseled. I feel like posting the .wav file. Will probably just post the most significant part (sans names) in text.

Then I go over my wife's latest stunt (see BIC), I pause, silence, I guess for the dramatic effect, "Are you there?", I ask, He says "Just waiting for you to breathe" in a sarcastic tone. I responded "Isn't that ironic a friend gives me that advice, but I think the two of you have entirely different meanings."

Such a rare look in the devil's den. Kinda creepy, sleazy. And I thought I take long hot bathes just to relax and stay clean, it's probably a subconscious desire to clear away all the legal sleaze I deal with. (Trying to LOL).

2 comments:

Determined said...

wow, JQ - this is excellent work! I'm thinking of how many future readers you'll educate with your experience. Thanks for posting this! I had a conversation with someone this morning who strongly advised me not to get a divorce lawyer, because as she says, "They're a bunch of crooks".

BUT, getting a lawyer wasn't my idea - it was my husband who threw that at me, completely blindsiding me. I still cant get over the waste of money considering that we don't have children, a house, not even a car. I rent for crying out loud.

Anyway, perhaps I should fire my lawyers and represent myself, and contest the divorce, use his own lawyer/ medicine against him to see how he likes it. I have nothing to lose. Run that tab up, get him to default on the car loan, and .... CHECKMATE! LOLOLOL

JQ75 said...

Ideally you'd need a dream team, which would be unaffordable. Take a look at OJ's.

If they're local long term practicing divorce lawyers they can play the kiss ass game.

A good speaker/BSer is always nice.

If they're litigators, they can play the paper, intimidation, delay game (the hired bitch).

If they're outside the area, they can kick ass, when a good ass kickin is needed.

If it's Pro Se, you care and you throw a curve ball that keeps established lawyer's off balance.

The risks of Pro Se is the judges bias, my judge incorrectly told me I could not represent myself. The other is that the opposing side could ask for sanctions if you make a mistake.

That happened to me when I was Pro Se on a civil tort contract dispute. It made me nervous, but ultimately it was a bluff as sanction hearings are often delayed as part of the final settlement issues.

And guess what I plan on asking for?

My lawyer does say that the judge is loosing patience with her delays. Well la dee fuckin da, who woke the fucker up?